The Lunar Lady






                                          The Lunar Lady

                                          Every night at the full moon, exactly midnight.
I see something stir upon the moon's white expanse. 
It's a beautiful dark lady, hair dark as space.
Although she is so far away, every detail is clear. 
Her face is wistful and white, telling an unknown tale.
She takes her broom and sweeps the moon dust away.
Then after that, she puts the stars to bed.
She is their mother, the Lunar Lady,
Stella Mater, the star mother. 
If you watch you may just see.
After her work is done, she tucks into her bed of mist.
Awaiting the next night.






12 comments:

  1. wow. Such a great drawing and poem! I would say she's a god or vampire! Kathryn I'm interested in doing a guest post! I will comment on your 'guest post' page now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the commentary!
      Okay, great! I'll check it soon.
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
    2. Cool! I just emailed you!!! Its so cool we're online at the same time!!

      Delete
    3. Hehe, yes it is. : )
      I'll go check my email now.
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
  2. I love this poem! Such gorgeous imagery.....:) I think it's my favorite of yours so far.

    - Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much dear!
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
  3. This is beautiful... absolutely beautiful.

    Samantha, thesnowwhiteblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks dear!
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
  4. I like it! It's mystical.

    -Morgan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Morgan!
      ~Kathryn

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment-you're the best!
~Kathryn

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com