To the End of it All~Chapter 2


'Lo everyone,

The next part. : )

Commentary and notes at the bottom.

You can read chapter one here!





Yes. The library.

Grandfather loved books. He collected them his entire lifetime. It is located at the very top of our house, a large room. The tall bookshelves are made of mahogany, and there is a smell of paper and ink wafting invitingly out of the shelves. Nobody in my family likes to read, or cares to really, and I think they've forgotten about it by now. I can access it through a secret paneling I found in my room. It's a very tight squeeze yes, but I love going to  the library like a secret adventurer that I read about so long ago.  There are  many books, fairytales, romance, adventures, and even some strange books with even stranger maps and runes in them. 

But. Back to my story. 

I painstakingly sewed, making each seam straight and neat so I would not have to do it again. It took me a half and hour, when I finally was done. I hastily folded up the handkerchiefs, shoved them in one off my drawers, and plopped myself down to read.

 Jerimiah Redwing traveled on and on, but never once did he lay eyes upon the Fairy of Good Fortune. 
It is said that the sign of Jerimiah brings good luck to those who wear it.  It looks like this. 






I know this seems like a silly fairy tale, but it is my favorite. It's about this man, Jeremiah, who lives in a run down shack all alone. One day the Fairy of Good fortune comes by and takes pity on Jerimiah. She gives him wealth and good fortune. In little time, all this fortune corrupts Jerimiah and he turns greedy and evil. The Fairy takes all his wealth away, and he was left as he was before. Jerimiah searches high and low but never finds the fairy again.

 When I was three, my grandfather gave me a necklace before he died. At the time, I thought it was just a pretty necklace with weird initials on it, and wore it every day. Then, two years ago, I realized it looked exactly like the Sign of Jerimiah! I know, I know, luck doesn't exist....but I feel a special bond with my grandfather when I wear the necklace and wear it all the time. It's like he...wanted me to figure it out. I don't know. Sometimes I get so lonely I imagine stuff like that. Silly, I know.

Anyway, finishing the story, I stared thoughtfully out of the window. Then-"ELSIEEEE"

Oh dear. Mother wanted me again.



How did you like that part? It's rather short, but I think I like it. : )

Have a nice night(or day, depending on where you live.)

~Kathryn

13 comments:

  1. Brilliant chapter 2! I love this story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you. : )
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
    2. I love this story to!
      <3Bella

      Delete
    3. Thanks Bella. : )
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to see what Elsie's mother has in store for her! :) I love the necklace part, too.
    BTW I DON'T KNOW IF I'VE SAID THIS YET BUT I LOOOVE THE NEW DESIGN IT'S JUST SO AWESOME AND AMAZING AND YEEESH. The header is especially gorgeous <3.

    - Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch Ellie. : )
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
  3. I need to read this soon, but I need to look at chapter 1 first. Did you get my email?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it and replied. : )
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
  4. Love it! Can't wait for the next part. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this story because it's interesting.

    why?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment-you're the best!
~Kathryn

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com