To the End of it All~Chapter 3 (PLUS A QUESTION)


'Lo everyone,

And now, I present to thee, the next chapter! As usual, commentary and notes at the bottom.

Before we begin, can you tell me if you think the wallpaper matches alright with the header and such? I found in on Pinterest and I loved it, but I'm not sure about how it looks.....
Kathryn has an obscession with pretty wallpaper. #sorrynotsorry





I scurried downstairs to the sitting room, restraining a scowl.  "Yes Mother?" I said, smiling wanely. 
"Elsie, I have a good idea!" my mother said, smiling and folding her hands. She sat up from her chair smoothing her plum colored skirt. "You do, Mother? Do tell me what it is..." I smiled, walking closer to her. "We should hold a tea party out in the meadow! We'll invite all the girls!" Mother looked excited, her cheeks turning pink. "Why....thank you Mother, that sounds....wonderful!" I said, trying to sound excited. I know she tried to make me happy. This was her idea of a fun time, a girl's favorite thing to do. But I didn't like the girls. They were so giggly, so empty headed. I know, it doesn't make them bad people, but I try not socialize with them when I can help it. With this in mind, a full afternoon of conversations full of fashion, boys, and housekeeping seemed pure torture. How could I survive this party? I was sure to mortify myself! 
I tried not to let this show on my face. "Oh, that sounds....great, Mother." I said, smiling stiffly.
 "Oh, do go get your new dress! I'd like to see it on you. I shall notify the young ladies straight away." mother bustled around, looking pleased. "Yes..Mother" I said, quietly, walking away as fast as decorum allowed.

I hurried to my room, tearing open my wardrobe. I let out a sigh of frustration as I looked at the royal blue, elegant and long, gown. It was but a harbinger of odious events, and I slipped it on as fast as I could. I tucked my grandfather's necklace out of sight and slipped into the delicate slippers mother had given me. If I impressed her, she might let me alone for the rest of the afternoon. Walking carefully down the stairs, I put on a fake but convincing smile. "I am ready Mother." I said, in a clear high voice, standing in front of her. "Oh Elsie, you do look comely!" Mother exclaimed, clasping her hands together. I clenched my teeth, willing myself to behave. "Yes, it is pretty, isn't it..." I said, sounding interested despite my feeling of repulsion at the touch of the itchy lace. "I-I better put it away now.." I said, smiling again." "Yes, I suppose you should." Mother said thoughfully. "Oh! The date is set for the 20th of April-a week from now!"
Her face shone with ebullience, her excitement barely contained. I was happy that she was happy. She was simply devastated when my brother died. I would do this for Mother.
Nonetheless, I was relieved when I could get out of the dress. Stepping gratefully out of it, I resolved to hide in the library for the next hour or so. I needed to go somewhere. But where to? Ah, the descisions. Suddenly, I heard a sound from outside my window. "Elsie?"  a voice whispered. It seemed to be coming from the tree right outside my window. "Ermmm....hello?" I whispered back, stepping tentatively toward the window. I peeked out, only to see a grinning, freckly face looking back. "Samuel Cartem, what on earth to you think you are doing?" I said, astonished, yet grinning. "We-I heard yer predicament out the window Elsie." Sam replied, grinning more widely, disclosing the many teeth he had lost. "All the boys is waitin' for ye in the forest. We're makin' a battle plan, a right proper one too!" he said, getting ready to climb down the tree. "C'mawn." he said, glancing back up a me. I frowned sadly, bringing my hands up in a hopeless gesture.  "Sam, I'm sorry, but I can't get out of this one. " I said sadly, staring down at the 11 year old boy who was looking back up. "Fine fine, be a proper lady Miss Troth." Sam said in a squeaky voice, dropping a most undignified curtsy. I laughed, but grew serious immediately. "I'll try to meet you later this evening, alright?" I said. "Sure thing, proper Miss Troth, see you then." Sam replied, then quietly, he moved away.

~

Did you like that part? I think it's a bit boring, but it does give some climax to the story! I really like the "Bandit Brigade"-the group of fun, mismatched boys! I'll introduce them and someone else very special in the next chapter. : )

So as always, feel free to leave commentary, and have a nice day!

BTW-I found this on Pinterest a bit ago and thought it might be fun to do. : )



 ~Kathryn




10 comments:

  1. Eek! I can't wait for the next part!! I love your stories!:)
    -Emma-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! For questions- 13, 14 :)
    -Emma-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma, I like writing them!
      For ze answers-my favorite couple has to be Anna and Kristoff. : ) Oh! And Eugene and Rapunzel.
      And favorite kiss? I'm usually cringing and saying "ewww" at every one so I am afraid I cannot answer that. ; )
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
  3. I forget if I've already commented on here or not so if I have disregard the other one and publish this one. Hehe sorry :(.
    "Bandit Brigade" is an awesome name :). I think, as to the background, the color doesn't go too well with the header - plus, it's somewhat busy and takes attention away from your gorgeous header, which should be, in my opinion, the center of focus on the blog in terms of design. Hope that made sense.....:) I do think I prefer the old background. The new one is fine by itself, I just don't think it goes as well with the rest of the blog.

    - Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree with you concerning the wallpaper. My computer decided to be a *forced smile* ...dear and delete some of my files, so I had to find a new white lace background. I hope this one is alright.
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
  4. OH OH OH and questions 20, 35, and 39. :)

    - Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Favorite Wardrobe: Elsa. : )
      Scene I would want to experience: Hmmm....probably in the 2015 Cinderella when Cinderella's dress gets transformed. I'd love to get a dress like that.
      And a scene that never fails to make me cry/tear up: I'm honestly not one for crying about movies. However, I admit that sometimes I feel like I will cry. I think Monsters Inc. when Sully says bye to Boo at the end is really sad. Oh and when Eugene "dies" (does he come back to life? Not really die? I dunno.)
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
  5. how are you able to get your blog like this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The header I made on Picmonkey.
      The background is one provided by Blogger.
      Anything I missed you'd like to know?
      ~Kathryn

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment-you're the best!
~Kathryn

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com