"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."


Hello there,

Yes, I know I said I'd be back with the next part of the story, but I'm still thinking of what to do next. I'm plotting.....I mean deciding what to write! BTW, my friend and I started a colab blog! It's mainly about Harry Potter, but sometimes we post about other stuff. Check it out if you have a chance! thepotterpost09.blogspot.com

~

Yesterday I was talking to a friend-who shall here be known as Katniss. Katniss was talking to me about missing people. I started thinking about this. I've never really truly missed anyone badly, except for my great grandma who has passed on. And even then I knew it was God's will, and although I am sad, I am at peace with it.
 If someone went on a trip or moved away, I'd feel a bit sad, but I knew they'd either come back or we could contact each other through text/email/video call.

Then I started thinking more-what is someone I loved was suddenly taken away from me forever or for a long period of time? What is something happened and I couldn't say goodbye-or my last words to them were bitter?

I think it is important to love all unconditionally. Even your enemies. This is saying something for me, because I'm the kid who is "eeeewwwwwing" at the mushy parts in movies, the one who won't give hugs and hates them. But hugs and sweet sentiments aren't the definition of love. There is a deeper, more true core to it. Love, is sacrificing yourself for the person. Maybe by sacrificing yourself and not indulging in the back-biting you'd love to give your enemy, you could instead retort with kind words and reason. It's hard. I know it is. I am very proud, and I find it hard to even say  sorry when I am at fault. In fact there are several instances where I regret one word I could have said. Sorry.

Or if one of my sibling wants to play, I sometimes brush them off. Perhaps the book I'm reading is gripping or I'm busy with what I want to do. I could sacrifice myself, and I could set aside 10 minutes to play.

Everything we do in this life will be taken into account. You don't want regrets. Love unconditionally.

Something to think about,
Kathryn



8 comments:

  1. Very good lesson :)
    also *freaks out because I just noticed you put "All That is Gold Does not Glitter" at the footer of the blog*

    - Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellie. : )
      Yes, I love that poem!
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Rukiya!
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
  3. Very true and encouraging, Kathryn! We have to keep in mind to invest in what truly matters, what will have lasting results, and what pleases God. Thanks for that.

    -Morgan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Morgan. : )
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
  4. Anonymous3/01/2016

    Actually my biological Dad passed away... I have a stepdad now, but it still pains me to think about it... So, when you think about, you're actually VERY lucky... The last time I even SAW my Dad was when I was 5, I'm 10 now...
    -Heartbroken

    (If you want to find out more) http://thedanijonesblog.blogspot.com/2015/12/a-tragic-true-story-dont-text-while.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very sorry to hear about such a sad occurence. I wasn't pointing out who was lucky and who is not, or that if something bad happens to you it's a punishment, just so that you know.
      I'll say a prayer for you and your family!
      ~Kathryn

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment-you're the best!
~Kathryn

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com