Giselle's Tips



Hey Guys! Kathryn here. I AM DONE WITH EXAMS WHOOP WHOOP! All I have is two papers to hand in! 
My dear friend Giselle Hawthorne generously agreed to write a guest post for me!

~˙~ 


Dearest Readers,

I am writing this letter to Kathryn to put on her blog from my desk which is located in my room which therefore is located in my mansion.
Kathryn has been begging me for years to unlock my writing secrets. I don't consider myself an expert, but to oblige her, I shall henceforth relate some of my experiences in the hope they shall aid you in your literary endeavors.

If you have not met me yet, I shall have Kathryn insert the link to my story when she types this letter into a post. 


Let us continue with my tips.

1. Find inspiration.

My mind is constantly buzzing with new stories and strange imaginations. However, we all get mind blanks, so find inspiration! When reading, I like to take notes on my favorite writing styles. My favorite authors are J.K. Rowling, E. Nesbit, Lemony Snicket, and J.R.R. Tolkein. I also like C.S. Louis and more!
I do not have wireless or a phone, computer, or TV for that matter, but for those who do, Pinterest, you know, the website you find pictures on, might be nice. But reading is a sure standby for inspiration.

2. Write with feeling

Do you ever notice how Kathryn seems to write a little gruesomely or weirdly for a thirteen year old? I gave her this tip and I daresay she took it! Don't  write what people want to hear, write raw emotion, things people feel but never put on paper.

For instance, while editing Kathryn's recent fails...I mean attempts at writing...

"I regretted lashing out at them. Because, if you know anything about boys, you know they simply cannot, no matter how "swell" you are, be one of them."

Hm, it all makes sense there on paper(I mean screen) doesn't it? But you'd never  really stop to think about it much.Or maybe you do...

3. Write something, anything...

Sometimes it helps to get your ideas on paper. Even if you don't end up using the idea, all this planning, plotting, and prepping will count toward your final product. Drawing your characters is good too!


4. Grumpy? Sad? It might turn bad.

When I'm grouchy or sad when I write, my writing will most likely turn out grumpy or sad. Now if that feeling is intentional, go ahead. But if not,  steer clear of writing until the mood passes.

5. Taking a break

If you aren't feeling motivated to write, don't. Ideas will come in time, but if you write when you are clueless as to what comes next, it will most likely bore the audience.

I hope these tips helped somewhat. I am off to bed now, goodnight.


¬Giselle

Thanks Giselle for guest posting for me!

~Kathryn




2 comments:

  1. Awesome tips! Definitely post again, Giselle - I really enjoyed it!

    - Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Giselle says "many thanks Ellie!"
      ~Kathryn

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment-you're the best!
~Kathryn

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com