Memories



Memories

~*~

Where do the memories go after time has passed?

Whether time flies slow or fast?

They cling to objects around them, they do.

It could be a diamond ring or an old shoe.

"But what if there are no things for memories to cling to?" You ask, scratching your head. 

They reign in the hearts of the living...or grasped in the pale hands of the dead. 




(via Pinterest, realm of procrastination and inspiration.)


Hi guys! What did you think of that poem? I really like the last line for some reason. Random idea,  huh? Memories cling to the last objects our loved ones are near when they die, and if they aren't near a living soul or material object, they carry the memories with them into death, perhaps coming back as a ghost to disclose those memories?
So I'm gonna be busy with school and cleaning for our Memorial Day party on Monday, but I'm posting the winner of the giveaway tomorrow, and Chapter Six of To the End of it All, Sunday. 

Have a nice day!

~Kathryn

6 comments:

  1. I do like that poem. It's an interesting way to think about memories. The think about them clinging to material objects reminds me of Dumbledore's pensive (or however you spell that memory bowl thingie)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gwen!
      It's cool that it reminds you of the Pensieve-It's an interesting paralell.
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
  2. Awesome poem :). I love the last line, too.

    - Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellie. : )
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
  3. Did you write this? I love it!

    It reminds me of the end of The Hobbit, when Bilbo is remembering his adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did write it, and thanks!

      Yeah, you're right! I suppose this could apply to Bilbo. : )
      ~Kathryn

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment-you're the best!
~Kathryn

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com