The Terror of the Tutu


Hi!

As some of you may know, I love writing and reading scary stories. I also like to look up story prompts/pictures on Pinterest for inspiration. : )
I wrote this story...it's a bit creepy. Just a warning. If you want to know more before you read it, don't hesitate to leave a comment.

BTW, I hate the title....if you come up with a better one please let me know. XD

~



It  was in Summer that I traveled to England. It was for the weather, to take the stress of my work away.
I rented out a small cottage across the road from a deep wood, away from all inhabitants. This was solitude. I liked it.

The first days were relaxing. I would read all day with a cup of tea, only being disturbed when the housekeeper came to tidy up. The stories enfolded before me as I looked out the window dreaming up tales and remembering past happenings.

Then I saw something which will leave it's memory with me forever.

It was the corner of a pink tutu. 

I was sure that it was a scrap of fabric left by a traveler, a skirt torn on the twiggy underbrush.

But later that night I woke up to a strange sound.

If you have ever watched a ballerina dance en pointe, you may have noticed that their shoes leave a wooden thumping on the floor. 

That is what I heard downstairs. 

I jolted awake. Perhaps a stray cat was outside, an animal of sorts?

I lay back down.

The thumping continued. Now I caught strains of piano music undulating and in sync with the pounding. 

It drilled into my mind.

Then I turned over on my pillow trying to block out the noise.

There smiling at me was a woman, her face covered with makeup and dripping with sweat. She looked pale and almost transparent.

"The show is about to start." she whispered, dragging me by the arm out of bed. 

~



Did you like that? I thought of it when I saw the picture above. : D


~Kathryn






9 comments:

  1. I like it! :) Perhaps for the title "Ballerina of Blood" or "The Cottage of the Pointe Shoe Ghost". Idk though really those are just basic ideas.

    - Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellie!
      Those are good ideas. I think that the one I have now may not be my favorite, but it does a good job of telling you what it will be about...maybe even sparking interest. : D
      Thank you again!
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
  2. Well.
    Thanks for the creepy aspect of ballerinas.
    Lol- don't worry, I liked it. A cottage in the woods reading books sounds very nice (as long as the ghostly ballerinas have no intention of killing you XD)
    I really don't know about titles for you. : /
    ~Gwen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm a ballet dancer myself and I think you could consider me creeped out. : D
      Thanks!
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
  3. That was so good! :) and very creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Freaky, like The Woman in Black!

    -Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I imagine the ballerina with her makeup running and looking super creepy!

    -Morgan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what The Woman in Black is, but it sounds creepy!
      Thanks for commenting. : D
      ~Kathryn

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment-you're the best!
~Kathryn

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com