Worrying About the Future


I'm sorry. You are not a Time Lord and therefore do not have the ability to go to the future and see what  is lying in wait for you. Do not deny however, that you have wished this before.

Ugh. People say take it as it comes, but we can't help but wait and watch and worry for what is ahead. 
Not just on what our next meal is going to be but what job we'll get, whether we'll get married or not, or just...will life be okay? 

This is good in reasonable amounts.

It's good to plan out things. It keeps you from being surprised. 

But it shouldn't worry you.

In this busy new school year I have to constantly be on top of things. It's the way it has to be, and that's okay. It will all pay off in the end.
But I find myself getting distracted as my mind wanders to my next page...to next week's assignment....and I therefore get nothing done. I worry about whether I'll get something done on time, I'll worry about-OH MY GOSH DID I HAVE SOMETHING DUE TODAY??? Nope. Turns out I'm just worrying. As usual. 
This is what will determine your future folks. The now.
Dream about your future. Think pleasant thoughts about all the opportunities that will come your way. But don't worry. 
Here's the thing though-your life won't be perfect. We, as humans, have suffering. No this is not because God does not care, contrary to what some would say when I say we have suffering. This is because of the Fall, and the testing we must undergo to well...grow us and prove ourselves worthy. You don't have to prove yourself in your everyday journey. You're not obligated to do that. You have free will. But, not a soul will make the decision to carry on for you.

So? Will you complete each day step by step, taking it as it comes? Or will you waste your time worrying about what will happen? When your future comes, will you start worrying about the future...again? 
I don't know about you but life is pretty short compared to eternity. I'd make the most of it, and enjoy it as well. 

11 comments:

  1. *sigh*
    Very wise words, Kathryn. Thank you for sharing them with us.
    I think I worry too much. This is a good lesson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tenley. If you every need to relieve your worries, feel free to drop a comment!
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you. : )
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
  3. KATHRYN YOU'RE SUCH A TALENTED WRITER, PLEASE NEVER STOP DOING THIS!

    Rukiya XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you Rukiya! I don't think I'm that talented, but I enjoy it, so I'll continue to write my heart out. ; D
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
  4. Wow that is a really awesome and wisely written post!

    ~Nabila

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHAT?! I'M NOT A TIME LORD?! *cries*
    But nevertheless, this is an amazing post, Kathryn, and it helped so much. Thank you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. ♥ love it! You got yourself a new follower! :)

    http://onethousandwordsatatime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grrr. I'm worrying right now and I can't sleep because of it! School... School... Bleh school. I will say, however, that this writing piece of your's helped me a lot. It's a very inspirational post. Now I might be able to worry a little less. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. School stinks, it's official. But in the long run, it will help. Just take it one piece of homework at a time! I'm glad this pot helped you. : )
      ~Kathryn

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment-you're the best!
~Kathryn

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com