Happy Halloween

Shivers ran up our spines
Our hair stood on end.
The wind blew through the tall green pines
We waited at the bend.

Something was coming along that bend
We craned our necks to see.
We wanted to see what Doom had sent
On that one thing we did agree.

A soft smell of vanilla and spice
Floated on the breeze.
The leaves trembled as they clung
To the shivering trees.

Around the bend the phantom menace came
I right away knew his name.
I'd seen him time and time again.
In different forms, in different way.

You smiled at me then gave laugh
You proceeded to run away.
I called and called, then prepared myself
To never see the light of day.

All this vanished as I jerked awake
With a start, I rolled out of bed.
I smiled as a realized my mistake
It was all just a thing in my head.

It's on nights such as these, the feeling not new
Things aren't all they seem.
For it is said that dreams come true.
And reality becomes a dream.

~~~~

HAPPY HALLOWEEN.

You tried Kathryn and that's all that matters.


These were my two costumes. :)





The reason I have two was that for ballet class, we had to dress up. I couldn't bring all my Luna props so I settled for a cat.
I'm wearing my mum's black t-shirt, a black skirt(same one as in my World Dance Day photos!), black tights, ears(made by moi) and tale(made by mum.)
My Luna costume is that same black skirt, same black tights, black ballet flats, my homemade wand, a black sweater, a Ravenclaw scarf my mum made, and my Spectraspects.



I shall leave you with this haunting cover of This is Halloween done by Panic! at the Disco.






12 comments:

  1. OOOH I LOVE THE LAST LINE OF YOUR POEM.
    Both costumes slay but I especially like the cat one. You look so pretty in it!
    PANIC! YES.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellie! Hope you had a good Halloween. : )
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks so much!
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
  3. Cool costume and poem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dearie!
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
  4. Ooooh I love your costumes! Are you a Ravenclaw too? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes I am a proud Ravenclaw. :D
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
  5. 'Lo Kathryn
    Are you by any chance still taking blog design requests?
    I really need one, but of course, if you are unable to make me one I will understand.
    You're probably way too busy with school but if you can, I'd love it!
    Thanks, Tenley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing! Just a head's up, it might take a little longer than last time.
      ~Kathryn

      P.S. Please email me at aliengirl91@gmail.com with your preferences. Ye know da drill.

      Delete
    2. Oh wow really?! Great! Sure, don't rush! I love your designs! I have too many blogs, but you make them at least organized!

      Delete
    3. Emailed you. :)
      Thanks again!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment-you're the best!
~Kathryn

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com