Paris

'Lo,

The Sunday after Christmas I headed off to Paris with my parents! It was only for three days, but for my first international trip, that was enough(I got homesick and was feeling a bit nauseous.) Nonetheless I had loads of fun and would love to go again. :)

(Also, the Hobbits were staying with our grandparents in case you were wondering. The updates that Frodo kept giving me were quite hilarious.)

Sunday

Sunday night we got on the plane. Not much to report here, but it was my first time having a meal on a plane-it was really yummy and a fun experience.
I tried to sleep because I knew the time change would mess me up, but I was way too excited.

Monday

Monday we got into Paris and got a three day pass for the giant subway system. The first thing I ate was a Nutella crepe.
BECAUSE NUTELLA.
The Europeans consider Nutella a staple and I do too.

We went to Sacre-Couer Cathedral on Monday as well.


It was a beautiful cathedral. The side alters were amazing. We didn't go to mass here, but we did climb the 300 steps to the top. It was worth it though, because the view was stunning.


We also walked along the Seine.


Tuesday

Early in the morning we went to Notre Damne.


I loved it. The detail is amazing. Those big statues are Biblical kings, but back during the French Revolution, the people mistook them for French kings and beheaded them all!
In the middle of the stained glass window, there is a statue of Mary holding Jesus. That's because Notre Damne means Our Lady.

We also went to a memorial for the men who had served France during WWII and ended up in a concentration camp. It was a very moving sight.

We next found ourselves on Lover's Bridge. 
Kathryn's inner romantic came out.


After that, we went to this awesome British bookstore called Shakespeare and Co. It was really cool, and I got The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury.



We also checked out another church called Saint Severin, but it was pretty dark and I didn't take any pictures.

Later that night we went to a restaurant called Agape for a seven course dinner-this was our fancy meal of the trip. At first I was a bit wary because the chef serves you a menu of his own creations, but I ended up enjoying it immensely and tried a lot of foods I wouldn't have tried otherwise. The dishes were very unique. My favorite was an onion soup sort of thing, duck with orange sauce, and dessert. The dessert was crazy, a blown sugar ball with citrus cream in it, and then on the side, there were oranges and grapefruit.

We ended up staying out 'till midnight that night, and just as we were going home, my mom pointed behind me-the Eiffel Tower was sparking with tons of little lights! They must do that at midnight.

Wednesday

On Wednesday we saw what I had most been looking forward to: The Eiffel Tower up close!





Of course I had to get a picture in front of it.

We also went to the Louvre. 



I was really excited to see this painting because it is the cover for Coldplay's album Viva La Vida. 


We also saw the Mona Lisa, known to the French as La Giaconda. She was quite small and not as impressive as I envisioned, but still interesting to see.


Sorry for the bad photo, the crowd was insane.


Thursday

On Thursday we headed home. It was a very long trip, with a layover in D.C. I admit to not staying up until midnight, because I was very tired. Oh well. XD 

And that concludes my trip! It was one of the best I've ever taken, but I'm glad to be home.  :)

What is your favorite trip you've ever taken?











9 comments:

  1. That sounds so cool! I really want to go to Paris one day, and your pictures of the Eiffel Tower are amazing.
    ~Josie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can go to Paris soon! It was really cool.
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
  2. WOW THAT LOOKS AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU. 'TWAS.
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
  3. Your trip sounds lovely! :)
    Ohhh yess Sacre-Coeur was one of my favorites as well. The view was so pretty, and I LOVED the architecture. The Louvre had to be my ultimate favorite, though - I dragged my parents back there like twice xD
    The Mona Lisa is quite anticlimactic, you are right. It's so much smaller than you expect!

    - Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some awesome pics. This sounds like a cool experience. Going to France is one of my life goals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. paris sounds amazing! (and actually, i was texting my old crush and it turns out he would love to go to paris just like me and i was like ♥♥♥ (secret: i still like him))

    anyway that sounds like an amazing trip!

    the best place i've ever been is the Cayman Islands. they're so cute and have beautiful beaches and shops. ♥

    xo
    emily

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so stinking cool that you got to go to Europe and see the Eiffel Tower, The Louvre, and Notre Dame! I really hope to go to Europe someday!:) Great pictures, it looks like you had a blast!:D
    -Emma-

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so cool that you got to go to Paris. Your pictures made me want to go there ever more! Oh so beautiful! :)
    Ellie R.
    www.uniquelyyou1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment-you're the best!
~Kathryn

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com