silence

silence is the sound of thinking hard.
mind whirring in irregular, sporadic bursts.
silence is the sound of a heart that cannot speak for grief.
choking on sorrow beyond words.
silence is the sound of content.
happiness to be relished alone on the car ride home.
silence is the sound of an unmourned death.
the death of one who has slipped quietly from this world, off the stage of a tragedy.
silence is the sound of dulcet, untroubled sleep.
all cares to be greeted with fresh face upon wakening.
silence is the sound of waking up before everyone else.
time to look out the window and think and breathe deeply.
silence is the sound of anger.
hanging in the air, an ethereal yearning to come back home.
silence is the sound of a golden afternoon.
levity and tea, a book, and the dust that you can see floating in the sunlight's beem.





~
I'm sorry this isn't my best poem. I wrote this in my journal a few days ago.
Sometimes I wonder how people can have their ear buds in 24/7, how they can have music pouring in all the time. No doubt they enjoy it, or it affects them emotionally, but I think we have forgotten what it is to be quiet, to reflect upon the simplicity of life, our current situation, talk with Him, and how we can make use of the time given  us. I believe silence has its own special sort of sound, meant to be savored and remembered and valued for its meaning. This isn't some new kind of lifestyle method to be tried for a week and proclaimed either life changing or fruitless, this is simply a fact.


My attempt at "illustration" photography shows that I need some improvement. XD
I hope you enjoyed nonetheless.


9 comments:

  1. I loved this poem, Kathryn! Especially the last line, I felt like I could really see it and feel the contentedness of the scene you described.:D
    -Emma-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Emma!
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
  2. I love the pictures <3 silence is beautiful, quite true.

    - Ellie
    ontheothersideofrealitynew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word, that poem is gorgeous. I am seriously in love with it. :-P (And I rarely, very rarely, fall in love with poems. I am not a lover of poems, but this one...)

    ~ Naomi

    PS Thank you for stopping by at my blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Naomi!
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
  4. Wonderful poem! You are SUCH an extraordinary writer, sometimes it shocks me! I wish I could write as well as you. My latest piece, (Maybe Someday, which is on WATF) while it wasn't bad I suppose, was not great. Even though I love to write, my words don't flow together like your's do. You have a gift, Kathryn.
    ~Tenley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Tenley! I'm heading over to WATF to read "Maybe Someday" right now.
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
  5. I'm doing a writing showcase on my blog I thought you'd be interested in! http://ontheothersideofrealitynew.blogspot.com/2016/01/announcing-7-day-writing-showcase.html

    - Ellie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment-you're the best!
~Kathryn

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com