wordless

what can a writer do
when her ink does not flow anymore?
when her fingers cannot type?
when her heart is filled to overflowing, brimming over the sides 
catch it! catch the sweet elixir of love and worry and wonder and sorrow!
but she cannot
for some things can be felt with the most painful sharpness, but appear a blurry cloud when written
and some things can be written, but not felt
what can a writer do when she is left w o r d l e s s?

what can a writer do
when she cannot press the backspace key
and delete a paragraph she does not like?
what can she do when she cannot erase an error?
what can a writer do when she cannot edit her m i s t a k e s?




~~~

A few things:

I've also been experimenting with different poetry formats and styles-if you see one that you like, go ahead and tell me it's a keeper...so I can put it in my magic writer inventory.
*mysterious eyebrow raise*

Also-I saw that I lost two followers in the course of two days. I just want to remind you all that if you want to see something on this blog, I'll do my best to make it happen. And if there is something you think isn't my thing, tell me and I'll think about whether I need to  keep it or not.

Clara nominated me for the "quote a day" challenge." Basically what you do is post a quote a day for three days, nominating three new bloggers to do the challenge each day. Thanks Clara, this sounds fun!
My quote for today is:

"Fool!" cried the hunchback. "You fell victim to one of the classic blunders. The most famous is 'Never get involved in a land war in Asia,' but only slightly less well known is this: 'Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line." ~Vizzini, The Princess Bride

I love to quote this in an especially high and nasally voice, in case you were at a lost for how it should be read. 

I nominate:

Emma
Mira
&
Tenley

Bye!


Sorry, I couldn't help it.






4 comments:

  1. I really liked this poem! It seemed inspired by writer's block, my old friend.XD I have also lost two followers on my doll blog, so I understand your pain. I'm sorry you lost a couple followers.:( Thank you for nominating me!:)
    -Emma-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, writer's block. Tricky little blighter.
      Oh, that's okay! I just want to make sure my readers are interested in my content and not getting bored. :)
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
  2. Thank you for inviting me to read your blo. May I ask, why have you switched it to private?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's explained in my newest post. :)
      ~Kathryn

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment-you're the best!
~Kathryn

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com