Enroll for FLC 2016

'Lo,

If you've been following this blog for a while, you may remember my Fantasy Literature Camp that I held in August 2015! The camp, to my surprise, became quite popular, and I got several requests to do it again. Many other bloggers have put their own spins on this challenge, as you may have seen. 




Some questions you might have:

How do I enroll?

Enroll here..

Enrollment is open until 8/6/16. I start enrollment early so that I can get a good idea of how many people I'll have, any changes I need to make, and the like. 
After you are done filling out the form, put the banner above on your blog so your friends know you're participating!
Please only enroll if you are sure you can make the commitment. I understand if you have an unforeseen emergency, but if you know you'll be on vacation or something like that, please show consideration for your team mates. 

How do I know what to do?

The camp is simply a week of projects that you complete by a certain date to earn points for your team. Check In the Depths of Dreams on the first day of camp to get your packet that contains the challenges and other useful information. 

How do you keep track of points?

At the end of each camp day, I'll add up all the points for the challenge, and add them to the team score. There will be a widget on the sidebar where you can see who's winning.

Can I choose my team?

Unfortunately, no. I don't know how many people will participate, and I need to make it fair. Both teams will be represented by a mythical animal, though. ;)

Important: If you use necromancy or dark magic and portray it as good in your projects, or even if you make it unclear whether it is good or bad, you unfortunately will not be able to participate anymore in camp. By this I mean summoning the dead and/or evil spirits, characters participating in acult actions, evils spells and the like. This is not meant to be harsh, but it is important in my eyes, and I understand if you like to use that sort of thing  in your own stories, but you cannot use it for this camp. Thanks! 

~

Thank you for reading! Feel free to comment if you have any questions, or if you prefer, email me at aliengirl91@gmail.com

~ K A T H R Y N




16 comments:

  1. I enrolled! Thank you for hosting :)

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enrolled! I didn't do it last time because I wasn't sure I could but this time I totally am :)

    Nabila // Hot Town Cool Girl



    ReplyDelete
  3. Before I enroll, I have a question - Are the prompts you're going to have us use make us have to use magic in the story? I don't write about magic at all (dark or light), and I just want to know before I sign up and find out that the prompt or whatever is magical ;)
    ~Jaclynn~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The challenges I have are very loose, because I don't really like prompts or rules that bind you to a certain idea or theme. The only theme here is fantastical literature and art! So if you don't want to use magic, you don't have to, and if you do, that's fine also. All I ask is that dark magic, things having to do with demonic forces, and the like, are clearly portrayed as evil.
      If you have any concerns I'd be glad to send you the packet of projects so that you can look over it before you enroll!
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
    2. Oh, that would be great if you could do that, Kathryn! I just want to make sure that none of them will "force" me to use any type of magic because I don't want that to happen and then I can't do it - that would let my team down ;)
      You can send it to me through my contact form on LHOAG :)
      Thanks SO much! I really appreciate your help! :)
      ~Jaclynn~

      Delete
  4. By necromancy, dark magic, etc., do you mean... like... if my story is about fairies... there can't be bad fairies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just mean dark magic by like raising people from the dead, evil spells, and summoning spirits and the like.
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
  5. You mentioned this on my blog and I am interested - I don't actually know what a 'camp' is though, embarrassingly enough - is it like a sort of challenge? Also, how long does this go on - and just in general what exactly do I have to do, if I decided to be a contender?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly like a challenge, only I add a few things of my own that are unique to this particular "camp."
      Everything you need to know (such as date, about the packet, what you do, etc.) is in the post.
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
  6. I enrolled! Sounds awesome, Kathryn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for enrolling, NatureMama!
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
    2. Do you have the URL to the blog you will be using to participate?

      Delete
  7. Awesome sauce! I enrolled! :)
    ~Grace

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enrolled! I've heard many great things about this camp - excited to be participating!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enrolled! But I'm a little unclear what you need about the necromancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's alright, I'll let you know if you need to trouble yourself about it.
      ~Kathryn

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment-you're the best!
~Kathryn

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com