The Awakening


Mother told me it would be painful, yet glorious when it was all through.
She said they all would look up to me now, she said I must act like a grown man.
A man that can answer every idiotic question asked him, a man that can bear all worldly sorrows with a grim and set smile plastered cleverly and inconspicuously  on his scarred and blistered face. 
When I went to bed, I lay my damp face on the pillow as I cried unmanly tears, feeling as if I was taking a forbidden luxury as the salty streams dripped onto my rough pillowcase. Feeling guilty for my weak emotions. This was not how the knight should battle the foe.
And I dropped off to sleep.
Dreams carried me on their ethereal wings to a land of nothingness, yet full of everything. A paradox of facts I vaguely recalled, yet could not lay my finger on. 
I shook like a dried leaf on a fall day, and did not know why.
I knew it was happening.
The slow changes were happening to my mind. And I forgot.
I forgot the feelings that I could not describe even then, I forgot many of the things that I had vowed to always keep in the forefront of my mind.
I could not stop it however much I jeered at it, sneered at it.
It had come to claim me for its own, Adulthood had.
I had been awakened, quite rudely I thought, from a long delicious sleep filled with pastel dreams that  were the kind you wrote down in journals and read over once, twice, thrice.
And from that moment my sleep was thin, my blanket thin, my memory...thin.
I did not particularly mind that thinness, for I did not question its finiteness. 
Yet I wondered at it.

my image


~

Another short story. :)

~ K A T H R Y N




7 comments:

  1. NO!!!! Is it too late to enrol for FLC???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope! You have plenty of time-just check the post below.

      ~Kathryn

      http://hobbitsathogwarts.blogspot.com/2016/04/enroll-for-flc-2016.html

      Delete
  2. this is so pretty! i love it. <3

    ~j

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jenni!
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
  3. AAAHHHH I'm so glad I discovered your blog! I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT. Also, I am obsessed with the Harry Potter movies and have been watching them a ot lately in the Easter holiday. <3
    This short story is amazing :)
    Laila
    www.lailabee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! And thank you for the kind words. ;)
      ~Kathryn

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment-you're the best!
~Kathryn

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com