Tea and a Read~May 2016

'Lo,
Welcome to the May edition of Tea and a Read.

I've finally made a button and figured out how you guys can leave your link in the post!



But without further ado.

Reading: Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis. In my recent series featuring the authors Lewis and Tolkien, I've been researching a lot about the two authors. I have become quite a Tolkien buff over the years, but I knew very little about Lewis other than he was the author of one of my favorite series, The Chronicles of Narnia. This book is a change from my usual fantastical fiction novels and mystery sprees. I'm glad I'm reading something different as I've been wanting to broaden my reading spectrum. 
I think everyone, even non-Christians, would find some way to connect with this book. Even though in the preface Lewis states that he is a member of The Church of England, he remains relatively unbiased. 

Drinking: Recently, I've been obsessed with green tea! Trader Joe's has a very nice decaffeinated green which is nice if you usually do your free reading before bed (like moi.) It's not as rich as some greens, but has a nice delicate flavor that's very refreshing. Recently, I've been putting a (caffeintated) green tea bag in my water bottle overnight so I have a cool and refreshing boost for my long dance practices. 


~

What are you reading and drinking this month? Tell us in the comments or leave a link to your blog's Tea and a Read post. 

~ K A T H R Y N













10 comments:

  1. Splendid post this month dearie. :) I have been indulging in some delicious herbal tea, and reading The Scarlet Letter, by Nathaniel Hawthorne. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tea looks lovely! And I'll have to check out that book. :)
    Wonderful post! <3

    Sophia xx
    A Lantern In Her Hand
    The Inkpot Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sophia!
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
  3. I'll definitely link up if/when I do a Tea and a Read for this month! Right now, I'm drinking jasmine tea and reading Blackwood Farm by Anne Rice.

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellie! I actually have not had too many jasmine teas-I definitely want to try some soon.
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
  4. Ooh! I have Mere Christianity, but I haven't read it yet because I'm still taking a break from those kind of books (since I finished The Screwtape Letters a bit ago.;D)! I think I have that same tea! It's not my favorite though, it's a bit too plain for my taste, but I like it for iced tea!:D Great post! I always like seeing what people are reading!:)
    -Emma-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iced tea is da bomb. Thanks for commenting, Emma!
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
  5. I linked up! Thanks for hosting this; it's tons of fun. :)

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant! Thanks.
      ~Kathryn

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment-you're the best!
~Kathryn

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com