Tea and a Read~June 2016

'Lo,

Long time no post! I'm back today with another installment of Tea and a Read, as well as some updates.


Drinking: This month folks, it's not tea I'm drinking, it's coffee.  I love coffee, probably just a teeeny bit more than tea, and I'll drink it any way. Now you're probably wondering why I'm drinking coffee when tea is mentioned quite often in these mysteries. I've always though that coffee and mysteries of any kind go together like tea and Jane Austen. They just do.

Do you know how much willpower it took not to eat that whole Toblerone stick? 
Reading: The celebrated Sherlock Holmes! After I discovered Agatha Christie last year, I've found a new love for the mystery genre. Nowadays, when I'm not following the dapper Poirot or the witty Miss Marple, I'm probably criticizing and praising Sherlock simultaneously. 
While Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's writing style hasn't struck me as anything unusual, he possesses a power to make my skin crawl and my appendages seek cover under the blankets-something that doesn't happen often. I marvel at how raw human nature can creep me out more than supernatural creatures!


What are you reading and drinking this month? Leave a comment below or link your Tea and a Read post. 

P.S. I'm now officially on Summer break (except for inexplicably pesky maths.) Conveniently *said in sarcastic voice* I have writer's block. If you have any ideas for poems, short stories, or anything you'd like to see on this blog, PLEASE do not hesitate to comment.
I also have a contest coming soon, so keep your eyes out for that.

~ K A T H R Y N










5 comments:

  1. Sherlock Holmes is just unbeatable! <3 <3 Those photos are great!

    Sophia xx
    A Lantern In Her Hand
    The Inkpot Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sophia!
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
  2. Ooh, Sherlock Holmes! I love the character, but I haven't gotten far with the books. I think since they brush up against adult topics in some stories, I'll be waiting a bit longer before I read it!;) Mmm, coffee! I like my coffee to have lots of cream and sugar. If it's black, I will definitely gag.XD Awesome post, and yay for summer break!:)
    -Emma-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, some of the stories are darker than others. :)
      Thank you! And YES, yay for Summer break!
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
  3. I linked up! thank you for hosting :)

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment-you're the best!
~Kathryn

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com