Recently #1

'Lo,

Lately, I've been wanting to do those "this is what I've been up to!" posts that I did a lot last year. I'll also be scattering some recent pictures throughout this post.  
Since I'm going through a bit of a writer's block right now, some non-writing posts are in order.

 

~

Reading

These days, I've been reading like a whirlwind! If you'd like to check out what I've been reading, click here.

Some blogs I have enjoyed looking at recently are Sweeter Gets the Journey (Abigail's photography is stunning), and Minnie Muse (Madison's modest, classy, and fun style sense is very inspiring.)

I checked out a delightful picture book from the library featuring retellings of famous ballet storylines.
Listening


Natalie Merchant // Wonder 

Wonder is a book I describe as life changing, and if you haven't read it, I encourage you to do so! This song was inspired by the book.

Liz Caroll // The Silver Spear


I listen to more instrumentals, movie soundtracks, and folk music than I do actual songs with lyrics...and popular songs? (#hahano) (#musicianprobs.) 
This song has been in my head recently because my siblings have been humming it.
They just learned it on their tin whistles.
Hm.
(#earplugsplease)

Working On

 • Regularly practing piano and fiddle and not being lazy when I actually do practice.

• Putting in and taking out my contacts.
That sounds weird, but I just got them last week and still am getting used to y'know...putting a piece of plastic in my eye.
I am so glad I got them though, because I really didn't like wearing glasses.
Especially when I tried to turn in ballet class.
(watch out for flying spectacles yo)

• I've been crafting a lot lately, but one of my pet projects is my new corkboard! I wanted to have a little space on my wall right next to my desk where I could put inspirational quotes, pictures, sketches, and other cool things. I'm really happy with how it's coming along and I'll definitely share a picture soon. 

Here is a picture of one of the bunwraps I made last week. I've been making hair accessories, and it's awfully fun to wear something handmade and unique to class!


Thinking

 • About being more positive.
• About upcoming blog posts
• About being kinder not just to people I know, but just people in general.



Enjoying

• Coffee with flavored cream
• Summer storms and rainbows
• Audiobooks
• Summer afternoons spent reading on the patio
• Watching the talented Pippin working and improving on her dance and gymnastics.
(and maybe showing off a little. ;))


~

Have a nice day,

~ K A T H R Y N
















8 comments:

  1. No, no, getting used to putting contacts in isn't weird at all! I don't wear contacts and I never have, but I can only imagine the horror...O.o LOL! Awesome post, I loved reading about the things you've been doing as of late.;) The pictures are so pretty.:)
    -Emma-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes! I tried last year and I couldn't even put them in! This year is better, but still...it's kind of freaky.
      Thank you!
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
  2. I don't wear contacts for that reason... :D I wouldn't be able to get used to it and thus my faces framed by large glasses..
    Great post! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, well they're not for everyone...and that's okay!
      Thanks!
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
  3. I love these kinds of posts!
    Ahhh, I could never give up my glasses. I used to hate wearing them, but I've really grown to love the pair I currently have. I just feel so confident and empowered wearing them! Although I expect if I did anything athletic like you do, I might have a different opinion. xD
    Ahhhh I've always wanted to have a corkboard like that! I'm remodeling my room this summer, so perhaps I'll get one! Yours sounds awesome :)

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must have a pretty awesome pair then! That's great that they make you feel like that.
      And yes! I love my corkboard and I know I'll have a lot of fun finding unique pictures and quotes to decorate it.
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
  4. So sweet! Your photos are just lovely as usual. <3 <3

    Sophia xx
    A Lantern In Her Hand
    The Inkpot Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sophia. Your comments are so kind!
      ~Kathryn

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment-you're the best!
~Kathryn

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com