Signs that You are a Princess in Disguise

'Lo,

In case you didn't know, I am a princess in disguise.

 I know it's hard to believe, but it is quite true. 

Ah, yes, I don't have as many loyal servants as I ought to, and I do have to clean toilets/my room + wash my brother's underwear, but life isn't exactly a Disney movie, so that's to be expected.

Now, many young ladies may be wondering if they are princesses in disguise. Take a look at my list of heavily researched indications that you are a princess in disguise.

I.

You have long flowing golden hair that flows perfectly in the wind and seems to be tangle free.

Whenever people write about you (which they probably do quite often, or will, once your fame is realized), you are characterized by your long flowing hair. Unfortunately, these glorious tresses are very likely to give you away to the villain. To cut or not to cut? Vanity or my life? I cannot help you with that decision, fellow princess.

II.

You like to read fairy tales, and magically somehow find time to do this while fulfilling the demandishly demanding demands of your evil stepmother and/or wicked stepsisters.

If your only chance to do this is at night, moonlight is always very nice to read by.

III.

Your S.O. (who goes by the charming name of well, Prince Charming), finds out you are "the one" as soon as he lays eyes on you.

These guys always know, even when you don't look your best.
*cough cough, Cinderella*
Usually, it takes about a few days for them to find you, propose, and live happily ever after. (C'mon, be patient with them. They're men.)

IV.

You look good in everything.

Rags? #modelstatus
Glass slippers? #cantotallypullthemoff
Farm Boy Disguise? #PLEASE

V.

Everyone is in awe of you.

Such beauty! Such grace! What a stunning demeanor!
You knock their socks of as soon as you enter a room.
The ladies whisper, the men raise their eyebrows, you become the instant role model.

~





Note: In case you didn't quite catch it, this post is sarcastically written by a girl who is an aspiring P.I.D. (Princess in Disguise.) She's sorta-kinda-maybe poking fun at fairy tales that are lovable, but sometimes irritatingly unrealistic. She'd like everyone to know that she believes anyone can be a princess if they want to, and she recommends you listen to the wise words of her good friend Sara Crewe:




"I am a princess. All girls are. Even if they live in tiny old attics. Even if they dress in rags, even if they aren’t pretty, or smart, or young. They’re still princesses." 



Whatever comes," she said, "cannot alter one thing. If I am a princess in rags and tatters, I can be a princess inside. It would be easy to be a princess if I were dressed in cloth of gold, but it is a great deal more of a triumph to be one all the time when no one knows it." 

Sincerely,

(A.P.I.D.)

~ K A T H R Y N





9 comments:

  1. HA! This is so funny! I'm definitely the first, and maybe the last, haha! XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. <3

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
  3. *gasp* I'm a princess in disguise! O0O LOL! Not really, the only one that matches me is the long hair, but it tangles wayyyyy too easily. XD Oh, and fairytales, too, but I don't have wicked stepsisters and such. But still, maybe....XD
    *magical fairy dust music plays in the background*
    -Emma-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post Katheryn! I am definitely a princess in disguise. Haha.

    Nabila // Hot Town Cool Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got the long, flowing, golden hair, but alas, mine is very tangly. Oh well, I can't be as bad as Rapunzel. :) Hehe. I thought of another Sara Crewe quote, but just totally lost it. :(

    -Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I remembered. Miss Minchin says, "She thinks she's princess, you know." And Sara replies, "No, I don't, Miss Minchin. All I ever did was try to behave like one."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! I'm a P.I.D! XD

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment-you're the best!
~Kathryn

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com