The Old Tales

our voices mingle, overlapping
as the fire is crackling
the warmth pulsates up and down
and we look all around
as the tales we once heard come to life again
and we see them with new glowing light
nothing hides from sight
the fears and cares flee into the shadows
cold memory seeps into our heaving chests
and we remember
the 
old 
tales

the old tales! those stories of lore
we said they were but grey truths
but tonight! oh tonight!
they shimmer like a strange scintillation of reality
and i cannot help but wonder
is it all real?


~

Happy Halloween, Hobbits! I hope you all have a great night.
Let me know in the comments what you dressed up as, what your favorite candy is, and whether you have any favorite scary books or movies!

~ K A T H R Y N


P.S. A video for you. :)





9 comments:

  1. Do you still run a doll-blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm taking a break until I get inspiration...and I'm pretty short on time, as you could probably tell by my rare posts on here.
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
  2. I dressed up as Katniss Everdeen. 😃😃
    -Dani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool beans. ;)
      May the odds be ever in your favor!
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
  3. Help!!! I totally messed up my blog. I was trying to change the sidebar buttons to better match my new header, but I only wanted to change the image, not the link! Anyway, I ended up removing the buttons completely, and now I don't know what to do! Please help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops! I'll take a look at is this weekend if you like.
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
    2. Thank you!! I was fiddling with the settings, and next thing I know, POOF! Buttons gone! He he... guess I should probably leave those alone from now on.

      Delete
    3. That's happened to me before...only I reset the blog to Blogger's original settings and got rid of my entire design...
      ~Kathryn

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment-you're the best!
~Kathryn

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com