End of 2016: Thoughts and Laments, Resolutions and Goals

'Lo,

You're probably all wondering why I didn't post more over break.
Well, I went to Hawaii!
(A big photo post will be up soon.)

I'm disappointed in myself for not posting more, but I have been so busy. I'm resolving to post more in 2017, even if I do more journal type posts than artsy posts (though you will see plenty of those when I get the time!)

For Christmas, we went to Wisconsin to celebrate with family. I had a nasty cold that kept me on the couch for most of the weekend, but that was okay, because I got books for Christmas. ;)
My family got this crazy idea to make fleece tie blankets for all the cousins, so we ended up making 12 tie blankets in a day. (What?!?)
We watched a lot of Christmas movies and listened to a lot of old Christmas radio shows that day.

Currently I'm going through post Christmas depression. I suffer from it 363 days out of the year, but it is especially bad right after Christmas. Can anyone relate?

Ah, but that's enough talk. The main reason for this post is my wanting to share my 2017 goals and resolutions with you, highlights of 2016, as well as the books I read in 2016.

Highlights and Accomplishments of 2016

-I started high school at a brick and mortar school 
(not a highlight, but I'm pretty proud of myself for semi surviving so far)
-I had a productive Summer of reading and writing
-I worked hard at dance over the Summer and stretched consistently
-I participated in Dance in the Parks, our studio concert, and studio benefit
-I tried out for the school play Little Women and got the part of Amy

Things I Found Out in 2016

Not everything people say is true-you don't have to believe everything people think of you
Sitting in the sun with a book is a great pleasure
Caramel Fraps are very good
Paying attention to small things makes you really happy
Procrastination is painful
Homework is best done right away
Sometimes you gotta let go and let God take the wheel


Books I Read in 2016

I didn't read as much as I wanted to in 2016, but I was pretty busy with school and life.
I read some great books in 2016, along with numerous short stories (mostly Poe and Lovecraft)
If you have any suggestions for my 2017 "books to read" list, don't hesitate to comment below!

The Shadow of the Bear by Regina Doman
The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux
The BFG by Roald Dahl
The Book of Three by Lloyd Alexander
The Black Cauldron by Lloyd Alexander
The Castle of Llyr by Lloyd Alexander
The Invisible Man by H.G. Wells
The Body in the Library by Agatha Christie
Murder on the Orient Express by "
Peril at End House by "
The Murder of Roger by "
The Moving Finger by "
Murder at the Vicarage by "
N or M? by "
Hallowe'een Party by "
The Republic by Plato
Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
My Antonia by Willa Cather
Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell
The Water Horse by Dick Kind
May B. by Caroline Rose Starr
The Scarlett Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by numerous people other than J.K. Rowling
The Legend of Sam Miracle by N.D. Wilson
Cyrano de Bergerac by Edward Rostand
The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury
Fahrenheit 451 by "
The House on Mango Street by Stephanie Cisneros
Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
Hollow City by "
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
The Two Princesses of Bamarre by Gail Carson Levine
The Phoneix and the Carpet by E. Nesbit 
The Story of the Amulet by "
The Man Who was Thursday: A Nightmare by G.K. Chesterton

Goals and Resolutions for 2017

-Eat healthier and drink more water
-Do a ballet summer intensive
-Work on the procrastination...
-Read more (of course)
-Work on art more often
-Give more time to prayer
-Journal more
-Write more
-Maintain my grade goal of above 85 in every class
-Volunteer during the Summer

~

What are your thoughts on 2016? What are your goals for 2017?



~ K A T H R Y N














2 comments:

  1. Have you read the Mysteries Benedict Society? I haven't read it all, but it's really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not read that series-I'm afraid I heard about it very late, and never got into it. My siblings love it, though!
      ~Kathryn

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment-you're the best!
~Kathryn

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com