Learning Isn't Losing

i say i want it, i want it
i don't want to stop now
i dip my toes into the cold pond
wade out of the comfort zone
cold water rushes into my lungs
the first time, i make the mistake of tripping over the drop
this time, i know where it is
i never lost
i learned

i'm so scared, so scared
my knees shake and my eyes fill with tears
what if i fail? what if i'm too weak?
maybe i'll end up coming in first
but if i don't
i'll find out
i will find out
why i came in last
and i won't make the same mistake

you never lose if you learn

~

to anyone who dreams big, don't get discouraged <3


my image

~ K A T H R Y N

P.S. It will be quiet around here for a few days-four big tests coming up, copious amount of homework, and dance auditions/classes. I'll be back soon with some art!

4 comments:

  1. That picture is STUNNING! Im just in love with it. wow. I cant even right now.

    but the words that went along with it were lovely as well <3

    best of luck with auditions and classes and homework :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Faith! Amazing what the timer on an iPhone can do. ;)
      Thank you, again, for your kind wishes.
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
  2. This was such a beautiful poem Eowyn!!
    It really touched me. I want to go on Broadway one day, and I just don't know how to get there, or anything at all! All I know is I love to sing and act, and why not shoot high?
    -E

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this poem so much!!
    "i'm so scared, so scared
    my knees shake and my eyes fill with tears
    what if i fail? what if i'm too weak?" That is such a good line. <33 The whole thing is beautifully written. Great work! And good point about never loosing if you learned something . . . that's brilliant.
    Thanks a ton for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. That was really sweet of you! Your blog is a gem. Love the design—it's so unique! :D

    Sophy
    lavender & blue
    the inkpot girl

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment-you're the best!
~Kathryn

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com