Wish on a Star

A fervent hope, a heart pain
consumes you, the memories start
the filmy past leaves a stain
upon your battered heart

Glistening eyes look at the sky
sapphire blue and dark
A single significant star is there
one that has left its mark

upon the faces of those who see
it's singular shining light
inviting all, you and me
to marvel at the sight

We hold our breath, close our eyes
clench our teeth and hope
wish very hard, forget the sighs
Look upward, climb the rope

We climb and climb, not daring to believe
almost there! we reach our hands to the star
but the teasing scintillation darts away, we grieve
forgetting once more, who we were and are

via


~ K A T H R Y N








5 comments:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful poetry, Kathryn. So heartwrenchingly beautiful. I get this, I understand. I feel the truth and expierience behind these words.
    You are really amazing Kathryn. You seriously should put all these poems in a book and sell them to me, becuase I would buy them.
    How do you capture words so well?
    ~E

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so, so much for your kind words, Esther. Comments like yours really encourage me to continue writing. :)
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
  2. I adore this and your words flow so beautifully. <33

    ReplyDelete
  3. Faith and Hannah,

    Thank you, dears. <3
    ~Kathryn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment-you're the best!
~Kathryn

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com