Recently // 2-8-17

'Lo,

The barrage of tests that has been plaguing me is over for now. A good feeling. ;)


~

reading: I haven't had much time for reading, but in my spare time I'm reading Wildwood by Colin Meloy. It's an "easy" read, probably meant for younger literates, but I love the art in it and am always interested in observing how other authors exploit fantastical stories. I'm also reading Out of the Silent Planet by C.S. Lewis.
watching: Nothing. I really wanna sit down and watch The Music Man this weekend.
doing: Lots of schoolwork, organizing papers, making decorations for Valentine's day, sketching, journalling
wishing: I had more time for reading and could wear sweatpants to school every day.
enjoying: coffee (duh), Broadway playlists on Pandora, studying in bed with a hot drink, practicing caligraphy, journalling

~
etc. 


This was a small watercolor I did for a school assignment. I really like the color scheme of the sky. :)



My mum gave me a 52 Lists journal, and I love it. It's encouraging me to journal more, and it's actually helping me get to know myself better.



I got my braces off, finally! I'm so happy to have straight teeth with no metal. 

~

What has been going on in your lives recently? Are ya'll into journaling? And most importantly, do you have a favorite musical? *

~ K A T H R Y N

*see mine in my 'about the authoress' page. ;)





10 comments:

  1. You're so lovely, Kathryn!
    I just checked out Out of the Silent Planet from the library!
    How is Little Women going?
    I would love to hear more about that! It is one of my favorite musicals, along with The Sound of Music, Phantom, Newsies, and Matilda.

    ~Mira
    www.steppinginsunshine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much, Mira!
      Little Women is finished, and it was great! I've found a new passion with theater. :)
      PHANTOM AND SOUND OF MUSIC, SQUEAKKK!
      ...
      enthusiasm, hem.
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
  2. Hi there,
    I've just found your blog around the place and really like it. That's a really beautiful picture, I really like the sky.
    Please check out my blog at:
    https://theislandofmeblog.wordpress.com/
    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emily! I'll take a look at your blog. ;)
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
  3. congrats on getting your braces off!

    my favorite musical is Hamilton, but I also really like In The Heights. (Also by Lin-Manuel Miranda. because he's a genius.)

    and I do love journaling, although I havent done it in so long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Ooh, Hamilton. = D
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
  4. You're super pretty! I'm actually going through the dealing of braces myself and just ugghhhhh! Plus, to make matters worse, everybody around me is getting their braces taken off! But I'm really happy for you!
    -Dani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dani. :)
      Agh, I felt the same! I remember being really put out when my best friend got hers off and I still had a year to go...I couldn't wait!
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
  5. Oooh! I read Wildwood! I liked it too, though I found Prue a bit annoying. Also, the writing style felt a bit sluggish to me. I dunno, it just wasn't as smooth as I would have liked... BUT, I LOVED Curtis and Septimus and.... Yeah.
    Ugh I need to read more C.S. Lewis, but I still haven't.

    That is SUCH a good painting!! I love the sky too!!!!
    Oh how fun! I've never had braces but BOY do they look uncomfortable!!!! You are so pretty, dear!
    -E

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel you. I haven't gotten to read much lately and my TBR pile is just growing at the foot of my bed. It's not that I don't have time to read, I just don't feel like reading! I've been like this for so long, I wanna get back to binge reading! XD
    Congrats for getting your braces off! :D
    -Emma-

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment-you're the best!
~Kathryn

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com