Getting to the Pointe

'Lo

Last Summer, I made it a top priority to audition and attend a summer intensive. For those of you who don't know, this is basically a very intense summer camp where you focus heavily on many dance styles.

I auditioned for the Fort Wayne Ballet and Milwaukee Ballet summer intensives. These are both close to home and not huge, something that I think is good for my first time doing something like this. I got into both. I got a small scholarship for the Fort Wayne intensive, and got into the pre-professional tech 1 program with Milwaukee. I decided to go with Milwaukee, as I can stay with my grandparents for the six weeks. The audition was also more challenging than the Fort Wayne one, and I hope that I can improve my abilities drastically by wading far out of my comfort zone.

To be honest, sometimes I ask myself why I stick with ballet. It's so harsh in an attempt to create an illusion of beautiful perfection. Ever since I became serious about it (a year ago), I've been subjecting myself to constant criticism, beating myself up about small details, and wracking my brain as to how I can achieve what is expected of me.  It kinda hurts, both mentally and physically. I'm also not very comfortable with going to stay-away camps and being with so many new people.
In the end, though, I come back to the same conclusion: this will all help me to achieve my dreams. I can't wait to experience the feeling that only a goal achieved through hard work can bring.

You know you truly love something when you can't live without it...and I certainly cannot imagine living without ballet.

~

What are you passionate about? 


~ K A T H R Y N







2 comments:

  1. This is so cool kathryn!! Congrats on getting in. :) I hope you enjoy it.

    Nabila // Hot Town Cool Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool! I hope you love it and learn a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment-you're the best!
~Kathryn

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com